URSA Removal Policy
Mercer University Libraries makes every effort to ensure it has the appropriate rights and permissions to ingest and provide access to content available in URSA and provides attribution to rights holders when possible. However, due to the nature of archival collections, identifying rights information can sometimes be ambiguous and difficult to determine. If you hold the rights to materials in our digital collections and have rights related-questions or concerns about items in our repository, please let us know.
If you are a rights holder and wish to contest the posting of a specific work for which you have not granted permission (or is not covered by a copyright exception under US copyright laws), please contact an archivist.
In your notice, please include the following information:
- URL where you found the item.
- Name/title of the item or other details that might describe the item.
- A description of your good faith belief that the use of the material in this manner is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in your notification is accurate and that you are the rights holder or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
- Your contact information (including email address and phone number).
In accordance with the Mercer University Libraries' “takedown” procedures, when the Library is notified of a potential breach of copyright or notice of a concern, the complete document or file will be removed from public view as quickly as possible while a review is undertaken.